In this episode of the Why Arizona podcast, Zachary Hall sat down with Javier Soto, a journalist, anchor, and reporter with Good Morning Arizona. Together, they talk about Javier’s experiences working at KTLA, his community involvement and impact throughout the Valley, and getting to the truth!
About Javier Soto:
Javier Soto started his news journey after an internship led to a full-time producing gig at KTLA in Los Angeles his senior year of college. He produced for two years and then decided it was time to step out of the shadows of his on-air colleagues at KTLA to find out if he had the skills to work in front of the camera. He was hired at KPVI in Pocatello, ID and two years later he sharpened his skills enough to move to Arizona to work at KTVK. Since then he has worked his way up and is now an anchor for Good Morning Arizona.
- How Javier got to where he is today.
- His experience working with KTLA.
- Diversity today.
- Good Morning Arizona and reporting stories.
- Talking about the Arizona family.
- Community impact and involvement in the news.
- Getting people to fall in love with him outside of social media.
- Getting to the truth: how tall is Javier Soto?
- How he covers the hidden ‘secrets’ of Arizona.
- His favorite place to eat in the Valley.
Watch Javier Soto on Good Morning Arizona, Monday-Friday from 4:30 a.m.-6 a.m.
Connect with Javier on Instagram: @javiersototv
Learn more about Javier Soto here.
And don’t forget to connect with your host, Zachary Hall, on Instagram: @zacharyhall
Thank YOU for supporting Why Arizona!